Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review of the Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System


Originally submitted 3/18/2012

About 2 months ago I purchased the Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System as an alternative to the Clarisonic Mia that I already own.  I will post a review of the Mia soon.  I really wanted something easier to travel with than the Mia and its charger.


In general I would give this product 3.5 of 5 stars.  I like that I can travel with it but wish it would have come with a case.  I first remove the batteries and put it in a zip up cosmetics bag that is lined so I can easily wipe it out.  I appreciate that it offers 2 speeds, but find them both a bit weak.  In fact, when I use this brush I often find I have to use a washcloth afterwards to remove dead skin that's been loosened.  I feel that the Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System brush helps to loosen dead skin but doesn't really do a great job of removing it. I don't have this issue with my Clarisonic Mia.  In all I like this product and am glad to have it as part of my travel kit.



Pros:

  • Compact
  • Runs on 2 AA batteries
  • 2 speeds
  • Can be used in the shower
  • Easily packed for travel
  • Replacement brush heads are 2/$10 and available at mass retailers
  • Price


Cons:

  • Brush head spins and can tangle hair
  • Does not incorporate sonic technology
  • Would like a faster speed
  • Would prefer larger brush head
  • Doesn't do as thorough a job as the Clarisonic Mia


This product review represents my own opinion, I was not paid or given any products to test.

No comments:

Post a Comment