Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review of the Clarisonic Mia

Originally submitted 8/16/2012


It's been a while since I've blogged but I wanted to make sure I reviewed the Clarisonic Mia.  This is one of those products that can really change your skin and your skincare/cosmetics routine.

After a lot of reading and research about exfoliating face brushes, I purchased the Clarisonic Mia right after Christmas, so I've been using it 2x per day for 8 months.  Clarisonic claims that sonic cleansing can be 6x more effective in a minute than washing with your hands.  I was a bit skeptical but the claim is logical and makes sense to me.

Initially I followed the instructions and only used the Mia once daily because I did not want to over-exfoliate and damage my skin.  After a week I began to use it in the morning in the shower and in the evening after removing my makeup.

I could not believe the difference.  I couldn't stop touching my face because it was so soft and smooth! I feel like I have control of my skin again and that the skin care products I am using are more effective.  Why?

First of all, I can feel my skin care products working better than they had in the past. Washing your face with your hands and even with a washcloth leaves dirt, makeup and especially dead skin cells on your face.  This  material can clog pores as well as prevent your moisturizers, acne creams etc from getting to target areas.  For example, I use an alpha hydroxy acid cream at night and after cleaning my face with the Clarisonic I began to feel the skin tingle that you normally do with an AHA.  I hadn't felt the product working like that since I first started using AHAs years ago.

Also, I have fewer clogged pores and breakouts.  The dirt, makeup and dead skin cells are removed from my face daily and the few hormonal breakouts I have are more easily controlled.

I feel like the Clarisonic Mia helped to reset my skin back to normal.  Instead of being reactionary to my skin, the Mia wiped the slate clean and allowed me to start over from scratch. Before the Mia, I would have told you I had combination skin.  Now I truly believe I have normal skin but it was acting combination because of all of the products I used to use on my less than clean face!

Armed with my Clarisonic Mia, I feel less anxious about aging and turning 40 (soon enough)!

I'd give the Clarisonic Mia 4 of 5 stars.


Many of my complaints with the Mia seem to have been addressed with their newest model, the Aria.  The Aria uses the standard P Link Clarisonic battery charger but it's also USB chargeable now.  It also includes a drying/charging stand and a battery status light and has 3 speeds and a time setting you can change. I wish the Mia came with a travel case.

I really appreciate that all Clarisonic models (apart from the body brush on the PLUS) use the same brush heads!


No comments:

Post a Comment