Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review of CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation


I am a BzzAgent and received a full size CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation and Pressed Powder to try and review for a new BzzAgent campaign. I was really excited to sample these products. I've worn the foundation all week long with mixed results. The Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation is nice, smells pleasant and is a good consistency. It feels like it has a primer in it. The color Soft Honey is perfect for me.





I thought the product was much better and wore longest with no primer. The first time I used the foundation I applied it to my face without primer and it lasted about 12 hours. The second day I wore it to work with a foundation primer I found it applied nicely but after a few hours was sheer in my t-zone. I was thankful for the CoverGirl + Olay Pressed Powder to touch up the shine.


I think the Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation might be a better fit for someone with drier skin or wrinkles, it was a bit too sheer and liquid-y for me. This might also be a good product to use when the weather is cooler and drier. I like the idea of a foundation that has a built in primer and look forward to trying it again later in the year. When I do, I will update this review. For summer use, I'd have to rate CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation 2.5 of 5 stars.



Update 9/27/2012

I am revising my review!  I have been using this foundation for the past week and would like to edit the rating to 3.5 of 5 stars.  Why?  Now that the weather is a bit cooler and less humid, I really love this foundation.  It stays put on my face for 10+ hours without primer.  I tossed the pressed powder into my purse knowing I had a couple of really long workdays thinking I could touch up mid day and before any evening outings. On my longest workday this week I only needed to touch up once with the pressed powder.  

The finish is smooth, natural and blends well.  I usually apply liquid foundation with a brush but felt that the CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation looked and stayed on better if applied by hand. 

I have looked at my local drugstores and Target and the price of this foundation is usually around $13.99.  I think it's a decent value and would repurchase again for fall/winter use.

Thank you Covergirl & Olay and BzzAgent for sharing samples for me to review!

No comments:

Post a Comment