Sunday, August 24, 2014


Apothecary Extracts 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil






Lately I have been trying to minimize the number of man made harsh chemicals I use in my household and unnecessarily on my body.  I have always loved tea tree oil and didn't realize all of its benefits. I think it is really clean smelling.  Among other qualities, tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and also antibacterial.

Apothecary Extracts 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil comes in a huge 4 oz. bottle.  I don't think I have ever seen a bottle of tea tree oil this big before.  I got it from Amazon.com and have used it successfully in a few ways already.


First, I used some of the tea tree oil to make insect repellent.  I mixed apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil and water together in a spray bottle and spray around our screen porch to keep mosquitos and flies away from us.  They seem to hate the smell of both the tea tree oil and the apple cider vinegar.  I am relatively pleased with the results and am so happy to not have to use bug spray with DEET around me, the dogs and the little one.

I also used the tea tree oil to make homemade deodorant.  I am happy to report it works and I don't stink!! I've been wanting to do this for a while.  I have read a lot that the aluminum in deodorants and antiperspirants we use are carcinogenic.  Long story short I mixed up a batch of deodorant using beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, kaolin clay, tea tree, lavender and orange oils.  I melted the mixture down and poured in to a sterilized deodorant container and am thrilled with the results.  The coconut oil and tea tree oil are both antibacterial and minimize the stink factor.  The clay is a wetness absorber.  The consistency is a little looser than store bought deodorant but I think my armpits are less dark than they used to be and are much softer!

Even after using the tea tree oil the way I did I have so much left in the bottle.  I think it's really well priced for the amount you receive and there are a million ways you can use tea tree oil.  When you buy Apothecary Extracts 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil you also get a downloadable recipe guide with over 50 ways to use tea tree oil.

Click here to find it on Amazon.com



#teatreeoil


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment