Monday, March 26, 2018

Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Tea Kettle

I recently upgraded my electric tea kettle.  I've had a couple of them over the years and I find them very helpful as they boil water quickly without using the stove.  My major complaint is usually how scaly and built up with minerals the kettle and heating element become over time. It's easy to clean but also easy to forget to clean.

I decided on the Asani Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle.  It has a large nearly 2 quart capacity, is cordless from the base, is available in a handful of colors and is very quiet.  Two things made my purchase decision easy.  First, that there is no plastic that comes into contact with the water.  My other kettles have had small plastic components in the spout and in the base.  Second, the heating element is not exposed to water.  The element is in the bottom of the pot but in its own sealed spot on the base of the kettle.  Cleaning will be so much easier now that I don't have to scrub some of the tight spots around the heating element.  Even after soaking in vinegar to remove scale, there have always been areas that needed a scrub in my old kettles. 

Operation was simple.  Fill with water over the Min but under the Max line, put kettle on base and push the little lever under the handle down. You can see it is lit orange in the picture below.  When the water is boiling lever quietly pops up. The kettle is cool to touch even when the water is boiling. It is competitively priced with other electric kettles with similar features.

I haven't noticed any plastic smells, aftertastes or chipping.  Counter top space is limited in my kitchen but I am happy to make room for this electric kettle. 

You can find this kettle in black, grey and pink in addition to red by clicking here.  

Although I received this item using a discount, all opinions are my own.









No comments:

Post a Comment