Thursday, March 22, 2018

Crenova VS100S Vacuum Sealer Review

I love vacuum sealers.  It’s kind of a weird thing to like, I know.  I like vacuum sealing food, small household items, when packing for travel, etc.  I currently own a large model from the major US brand but the Crenova VS1000S intrigued me.

Why, you ask?  First because of its small footprint and weight.  It weighs in at just over 3 lbs and is much smaller than most vacuum sealers I have seen. It can tuck away quickly or be left out without looking like a behemoth in your kitchen.  The Crenova VS1000S is 14.2 inches x 3.9 inches x 7.5 inches.  It is made of plastic and stainless steel and looks very sleek. It also has convenient cord storage underneath.

It comes ready to use with all of the essential features you need with none of the bulk and it’s super easy to use.  It also arrives packed with 10 vacuum bags in two sizes to get you started.  

Using the Crenova VS1000S:

I tested the vacuum sealer with a half of a bagel.  It was easy enough.  I put the bagel in a vacuum bag, placed the open end of the bag under the hood of the Crenova VS1000S.  I pushed the hood closed and made sure I heard a click.  From the function buttons I selected Vacuum and the machine did its job.  The vacuum got rid of most of the air and when the Crenova was about to seal the bag, it vacuumed out a bit more air which is a nice feature as sometimes air can get back into the bag right before sealing.  The Crenova was smart enough to avoid this.  

Since I was testing, I noticed that the bagel I was sealing was a bit crushed.  I cut the bag open and tested again this time using the Pulse feature.  You start vacuum sealing the same as normal, but after the vacuum begins, you push the Pulse button to start and stop the vacuum as you need.  This is particularly helpful for foods that you don’t want crushed like bread, chips or crackers.  It also comes in very handy when sealing foods with any liquids.  The vacuum is strong enough to pull the juices out of meat and using the Pulse feature can help to make sure you don’t pull liquid up to the seal or even worse out of the bag and into your vacuum sealer.  

To remove your sealed bag, just press the black release buttons on either side of the sealer.

Another feature of the Crenova VS1000S is the Seal function. This will seal only; without running the vacuum. Hitting Seal is how you close up your bag after Pulse vacuuming.  I find it most useful when I want to seal bags of chips and crackers so they don’t get stale.  No more chip clips!

Lastly, I really enjoy that the Crenova VS1000S has an accessory port.  I am able to purchase and use accessories from most major vacuum sealer brands to vacuum seal open bottles of wine, mason jars and even to quick marinate meats.  I’ve begun a complete overhaul of my pantry with the Crenova VS1000S.

I have two small issues with this vacuum sealer.  Because it is so small and lightweight, it can vibrate and move around a bit when the vacuum pump is running.  Also mine arrived with a small ding in the stainless steel, which is no big deal I guess, as I think about how much I will use it, I am sure I will bang it up a bit myself.  

I am so glad that I purchased this vacuum sealer and will be happily vacuum sealing away!  

Check out the Crenova VS1000S Vacuum Sealer here!



No comments:

Post a Comment