Saturday, November 17, 2012

Salon Grafix Conditioning Cleanser

A few months ago I tried a sample of Wen Hair Care in Sweet Almond Mint. Wen is a sulfate free cleanser for hair that's advertised on infomercials.

 

I liked the results and the scent of Wen but was completely unwilling to commit to the price. I believe the introductory kit is about $30 and you can reorder for $49.50 per shipment, not for me.

 

I found a drugstore knockoff of Wen called Salon Grafix Conditioning Cleanser in Citrus Creme. I've purchased Salon Grafix Dry Shampoo in the past because they make a version for brunettes and have been satisfied with the brand in general. Their Conditioning Cleanser retails for $7.99 for 12 ounces at Walgreens. I have very long hair and it took me about 2 and a half weeks to go through this bottle.

You apply it like regular shampoo but need to use more than normal. Since its sulfate free, it won't get sudsy like shampoo. This is a positive, there are many who believe sulfates are bad for your hair, its color and texture and that they could cause you to need to wash your hair more often. I massage the product into my scalp as well as the length of my hair. I use a wide tooth comb in the shower to comb through my hair and help work the cleanser through it and get rid of any tangles. Rinse and style as usual.

 

I find my hair is soft and smooth after use and I can go every other day washing my hair without it feeling or looking dirty or greasy on day 2.

 

If you like or are interested in Wen, I highly recommend trying Salon Grafix Conditioning Cleanser, what a great value! Check it out here.

 

This review is my own opinion, I did not receive products to test or compensation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment