Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review of Hot Ticket Nail Polish in Goldfinger

Originally submitted 4/7/2012


I'm reviewing thebalm's Hot Ticket Nail Polish in Goldfinger. I bought his color along with 4 others in a gift set and it's my first time using nail polish from this brand. As far as I can tell, Goldfinger and the other 4 colors are only available in thebalm gift sets. Each bottle of Hot Ticket retails for $10 but I was lucky enough to find this set of 5 polishes for $10, score!


The other colors in the set are:
Counterfeit - dark green creme
Dodged a Bullet - gunmetal
Better Off Red - red creme
Disco Ball - silver glitter

I was a bit hesitant to use these polishes but am happy to have them in my collection. I don't paint my fingernails that often because I have natural nails and have had issues with chipping and peeling. I have a pretty extensive collection of Sally Hansen Teflon Tuff polishes and have found they are the best long wearing polishes for natural nails but unfortunately the line has been discontinued.

I chose Goldfinger as the first color to test because I was curious and suspicious about the pigmentation. I was as impressed with Goldinger's pigmentation as I am with the rest of thebalm's cosmetics. The photo above shows 2 coats of Goldfinger. Sometimes with other nail polish metallics you have to use more than 2 coats for full coverage, not Goldfinger!
Another thing that was impressive about this polish is its staying power. The polish went on smoothly and dried pretty quickly. I applied Goldfinger over a Sally Hansen base/top coat and have been wearing it for 3 days. In this period of time I've washed dishes by hand a few times, washed and folded laundry, cooked a few meals, and helped load furniture into a pickup truck. The result? The very beginning of a small chip on my thumbnail. I can't believe that's the only damage I've sustained with all of this activity!
I give Goldfinger 3.5 of 5 stars. I am interested in trying more of thebalm's Hot Ticket polishes but am giving a conservative rating because I don't think Goldfinger is an everyday color.

I have been wearing Better off Red on my toes for the last week and would give it a 4.5 of 5 stars, no chips great bright and opaque color. Still shiny after a week of wear!
Take a look at thebalm.com for more Hot Ticket selections!


This review represents my own opinion. I was not paid or given products to test.

No comments:

Post a Comment